Gone are the days when burgers were only made with ground beef. Plant-based burgers have become increasingly popular all over the world, offering a delicious and nutritious alternative to the classic burger.
Whether you’re looking for a vegan burger, a veggie burger, or even a vegetarian burger, there is something for everyone.
From hot patties made from scratch to potato wedges and plant-based cheese slices that melt in your mouth, these amazing burgers offer flavor profiles that will tantalize your taste buds.
With recipes ranging from Chick Pea Burger to Classic Veggie Burger and Nutritious Paneer Tikki Burger made from Tofu, you can create an amazing meal for dinner tonight that is sure to please everyone at home.
And if you’re feeling adventurous, why not try making your own homemade veggie burger?
With just the right amount of textured soya protein and potato patties mixed together with flavorful ingredients like onions and garlic, you can create a delicious patty with a meatloaf texture that mimics ground beef. This will be sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters!
So don’t wait any longer – get creative in the kitchen and whip up some amazing burgers for dinner tonight!
Plant-Based Burgers: A Delicious and Nutritious Alternative
1. Swap out traditional burger buns for whole wheat or gluten-free buns, or try making your own fancy burger buns with a combination of quinoa flour and whole wheat bread flour.
2. Use black bean burger, chick pea burges, green peas burger, or classic veggie burger as the patty instead of ground beef.
3. Add some extra flavor to your burger by topping it with caramelized onions and plant based cheese instead of mozzarella cheese.
4. Make healthier side dishes such as sweet potato wedges or roasted chickpeas flavored with Indian spices like cumin and coriander leaves.
5. For an even healthier option, opt for a veggie burger made from scratch using mixed vegetables and a mixture of bread crumbs and coarse crumbs to bind the patties together.
6. Use a combination of quinoa, oats, and flaxseed meal to make your own veggie patties from scratch.
7. Add some extra flavor to your burger by mixing in some freshly ground black pepper into the patty mixture.
8. Top your Black Bean Burger with a slice of vegan cheese for a delicious cheesy burger experience.
9. For an even healthier option, opt for sweet potato fries instead of regular French fries as a side dish.
10. Try making your own vegetarian burger recipe using mushrooms, beans, and nuts as the main ingredients for a juicy burger that is sure to satisfy everyone’s taste buds!
Recipe for a Burger - Whole Food Plant-Based Burger Recipe
Introducing a delicious and healthy alternative to regular burgers - an Indian-inspired plant-based veg burger recipe that uses healthy veggies!
Make these burgers from scratch and surprise your family with a change from the usual Indian food. Here's your recipe for healthy burgers!
- 1 cup cooked Rajma or red kidey beans
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tbsp miso paste or 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 pack of Sampoorna Ahara Multiseed Burger Buns
- 1 bottle of Sampoorna Ahara Cheese Spread
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Line your baking tray with a silicone sheet.
In a medium bowl, combine the cooked rajma, oats, flaxseed meal, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika and miso paste (or salt), pepper, chopped walnuts and peanut butter. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
Form the mixture into 4 patties and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Serve your plant based burgers with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomato slices, vegan cheese spread, caramelised onion slices and avocado slices. Enjoy!
- Add 1/2 cup of sweet corn to the burger patty mixture for a delicious crunchy texture.
- Remember to preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C), else the patty may dry out while baking
- Line your baking tray with a silicone sheet instead of a baking sheet or parchment paper so it can be reused.
- You can form the mixture into 4-8 different sized patties, depending on how big you want your burgers to be.
- Once you have a preheated oven, you need only 20 minutes or to make your patties golden brown and crispy on the outside. In case your patties are smaller, reduce a few minutes, and bake for a few extra minutes if they are bigger.
- For an extra kick of flavor and antioxidants, mix 1 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tbsp tomato sauce (homemade), ½ teaspoon chilli powder, along with some garlic powder, onion powder and garam masala together in a bowl and add it to the patty mixture.
- Serve your veggie burgers with a side salad made from lettuce leaves, tomato slices, toasted french beans, and even a shredded medium carrot, and a drizzle of lemon juice for an amazing flavor!